Are you hearing that you need expensive add-ons from your current enterprise information platform vendor to address your Information management and governance needs? Would you like to consider other tools that can provide you with the necessary capabilities at a much lower cost?
Our IMSmart suite of tools and accelerators help you get more out of your existing information management platforms by helping address product gaps and improving usability. This is available at a much lower total-cost-of-ownership (TCO), without the need for expensive add-ons from current product vendors.
IMSmart Data Lineage Tool for report element to system-of-record lineage
Our Data Lineage Tool seamlessly integrates metadata across the data integration and reporting platforms to present a holistic view of the ‘report data element’ to ‘system-of-record’ (primary data flow) data lineage.
- Trace detailed lineage of a report element to its source, with the formulae used on the report, the expressions in the semantic layer, which finally map to
the data elements in the physical data mart/warehouse
- Extend the lineage to look at how the
data was populated in the data mart, by viewing the ETL transformations, and the embedded SQLs that load the data from operational data sources
- Parse the embedded SQLs to draw up the element-level lineage to the system-of-record
- If there are a lot of user-defined reports, identify impacted dashboards, reports and report elements when you need to make a change to the underlying
data sources, ETL or the semantic layer
- We have a pre-configured version of the lineage tool for Oracle BI apps installations that support Oracle EBS as source, Informatica Powercenter as the
ETL, SQL server or Oracle as the data warehouse/mart with the dashboards built on Oracle BI EE(OBIEE)
“With IMSmart for OBIEE Dashboard Lineage we are able to quickly and easily perform impact analysis from data source to report and vice-versa. Not only do we have more insights within our Oracle Finance and HR BI Apps metadata from EBS to Report; we have insights in our vast custom reporting data warehouse as well.”
— Director, Information Management Systems at a Large US Movie Exhibitor
IMSmart Review and Test Automation tools
Our review and test automation tools automate the review of ETL code for correctness, completeness and optimization based on best practices. They also automate the validation of data transformations in ETL scripts. One of our Test Automation tools helps with the regression testing of changes made to reports and also the semantic layer of the reporting tool.
- Ensure that the ETL code developed by your team aligns to the tool’s best practices by flagging deviations
- Define your own ETL coding standards and automate the review process to flag deviations
- Improve your team’s productivity by automating the comparison of simulated ETL execution with equivalent functional queries
- Automate the regression testing process for changes made to the reporting tool semantic layer – Eg: A hierarchy change done in the logical layer of RPD
in OBIEE or a change to its repository variable, will result in a change to the catalog objects. Automate the report comparison pre and post the change to
ensure the report is not broken
Looking for ways to improve or widen the scope of implementation of your data governance processes? Read more about our Data Governance service offerings