Does your organization have multiple information management platforms, reporting platforms and data governance tools? Is the metadata fragmented across platforms? Are you facing challenges in integrating information required for effectively implementing your Data Governance processes?
We provide solutions that enable active data governance by linking metadata from all information management platforms into Collibra Data Governance Center (DGC), a leading Data Governance platform. We are a premier Collibra integration partner. We believe that the critical factors for a successful Collibra DGC implementation are:
- Defining the right set of use-cases relevant to business stakeholders
- Scoping the metadata that needs to be ingested into Collibra to support lineage and traceability need
- Identifying use-cases and defining processes that will need to be supported in Collibra to ensure collaborative stewardship between business and IT to effectively govern the data management platforms
- Customizing Collibra for the enterprise’s requirements, identifying the right owners for each of the processes and finally,
- Enabling the team to use the platform effectively
We provide the following services to make your Collibra DGC implementation a success:
- Co-create business use-cases as part of your extended implementation team working with the business owners and other stakeholders
- Help define the metadata strategy and integration needs with various data management platforms
- Rapid development of proof of technology integration templates for metadata ingestion into Collibra, which can be iteratively extended to support the metadata strategy
- Design and implement use-case led extensions to the DGC meta model
- Configure out-of-the-box workflows
- Design and implement custom workflows
- Configure custom traceability views, asset views and dashboards relevant for different user groups
- Install and configure Collibra Data Governance Center and Collibra Connect
- Upgrade and migration services
- Training and mentoring services
Read about some of our successful client stories:
- Formalizing management of business-specific reference data lists through Collibra DGC for a large US Healthcare Company
- Integration of metadata from data platforms to enable traceability of information on reports to system of record for a large US Healthcare Company
- Enabling traceability of data from dashboard to system-of-record for a Multi-National Oil and Gas Corporation headquartered in the US
- Integration of EIM platform metadata housed in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server (IIS) repository into Collibra DGC for a leading US Regional Bank
Technical metadata integration with Collibra DGC
We have built connectors to load technical metadata from various information management tools into Collibra DGC to enable effective governance of these assets. Few of the tools integrated are the data integration tools (Informatica Powercenter, IBM DataStage , Talend OpenStudio), reporting tools (OBIEE, Cognos, Qlikview), Data quality tools (IBM Information Analyzer, Talend DQ), Data modeling tools (Erwin, ER Studio, IBM Data Architect) and Databases (Oracle, SQL server, DB2, MySQL).
Data Quality Management Solution
We have integrated Collibra DGC with IBM IIS leveraging DGC’s collaborative and business friendly interfaces with IBM’s data quality management capabilities, to increase the effectiveness of collaboration for Stewardship across Business & IT
Report Certification using Collibra DGC
Data Quality of a Report is derived based on the data quality associated with each of the data elements in the report. This is in turn derived from the reporting tool and data quality tool metadata. Business User thus always has a current objective ‘confidence score’ associated with a report based on the actual data quality of all the data elements used in the report.
Leverage metadata from Data Integration tools for traceability via Collibra Data Governance Centre
We have integrated IBM InfoSphere DataStage(DS) metadata into Collibra Data Governance Centre (DGC) enabling data governance teams to have better visibility over data flows
- A Mapping Specification in DGC corresponds to an ETLjob with links to source and target tables/files.
- Field Maps corresponding to each Mapping Specification, provides column level mapping from source to target with the corresponding transformation logic.
- Enables traceability via ETL jobs at column/field level for data assets
Read more about our Data Governance service offerings