Are you forced to compromise on your vision for your governance processes due to the limitations of the out of the box features available in your enterprise information management platform? Would you like to see how some of these can be addressed?
Would you like to improve operational efficiencies by automating some of the repetitive tasks that you encounter daily?
We have extensive experience developing custom solutions to extend the out of the box capabilities of IBM Information Server. This, combined with our rich Information Management and Data Governance experience, helps us deliver creative solutions that help our clients get more from their existing investments in their enterprise Information Management platforms.
IBM Information Governance Catalog Health Checker
Assess the “Health” of your IBM Information Governance Catalog (IGC) instance using Lucid’s IGC Health Checker tool. Define and execute rules across asset usage, asset quality and stewardship activity to generate a periodic “Health” report. Repair broken assets based on fix recommendations
Provide visibility to the “Confidence” level associated with an Enterprise Information Asset through Data Quality Index
The Data Quality Index is an aggregated Data Quality Measure available for any Enterprise Asset that has an associated Data Asset & an Implemented Data Quality Rule associated with the Data Asset. The score is automatically recalculated whenever there is a new execution result for an implemented Data rule or a new rule / linked asset becomes available. Custom Aggregation Rules can be defined e.g. weighted average based on classifications (e.g. data quality dimension, criticality, etc.) associated to an implemented data quality rule. This measure has been implemented as a relation to a custom asset defined using the OpenIGC framework.
Request Trial Download
Drive quality of Information Governance Catalog Assets through Completeness Score
Completeness score defines how complete a catalog asset definition is. Configurable rules check for the presence of attribute values, the presence of related assets and so on, to derive this score.
When Glossary assets are authored, for example, and submitted for review & approval, the Completeness Score is calculated and the approval workflow is triggered only if a configurable threshold is met by the score. This keeps the focus of the reviewer/approver on the content of the assets rather on the basic quality checks.
Enhance Exception Remediation on IBM InfoSphere Information Server 11.3+
The features available in the out-of-the-box exception remediation sample BPM application (IERS) are limited. We have enhanced the application so to provide better usability.
- Email notifications for state change events like new task, approval, rejection, etc. sent to Stewards & Owners as defined in IA
- Reminders for overdue tasks
- Additional attributes from source applications like Steward, Owner, Priority are included in the Exception set to provide finer grain tracking
- Enhanced exception management dashboard (Cognos) providing custom views of the exception set based on roles like Steward, Owner, Manager
- Custom scheduler to orchestrate the entire process of sourcing data and executing IA rules, based on the remediation status of the exception set
pertaining to the previous execution
Request Trial Download
Custom Workflows for bulk upload of Assets to Information Governance Catalog 11.3+
- A new BPM workflow application has been developed to add, modify, delete terms and categories with relations to information assets based on a csv upload. The out of the box csv upload feature in IGC does not support the import of relations with the terms and categories.
- The workflow supports bulk creation of relations of IA Rules to IGC Rules
- Custom workflow to support export of terms with all relations and custom attributes. This exported file can be edited and used as an input for the bulk upload workflow.
Customized Approval Mechanism for updating Catalog Assets in Information Governance Catalog 11.3+
- Support approvals based on simultaneous Voting by a designated group of stewards and a configurable Approval Threshold for Voting
- Support different approval workflows by category that is dynamically managed using a custom attribute
- Support additional roles like Reviewer in the approval workflow
- Complete inline view of all attributes of an asset in the Stewardship Center Application for review / approve/publish thereby eliminating the need to switch between applications
- Custom validations like the check for related Information Assets (e.g. there should be at least one Implemented Data Rule for a Governance Rule), Steward Assignment, etc. before asset approval
- Support a Kafka Listener for IGC events instead of the subscriptions based on Subscription Manager
- Extensions to out-of-the-box Governance Views and the Cognos Framework Model
- Extensions to out-of-the-box Cognos Governance Dashboards
- Alternative Governance and Quality Dashboards using Tableau, PowerBI and QlikView based on the Governance Views
- Custom Solution for monitoring Data Quality and Governance metrics using visualizations based on the Lucid Dashboard Framework
Request Trial Download
Using Information Analyzer Rules to improve quality of submissions for Regulatory Compliance Reporting (CCAR, DFAST)
- Accelerators to automate the creation of Information Analyzer Rules for FR Y-14 monthly and quarterly submissions for Credit risks, Ops Risk, PPNR etc to ensure that no Edits are returned resulting in need for re-submissions
- Accelerators to automate execution, analyze results and report only the rules resulting in exceptions, thereby improving operational efficiencies when thousands of rules are required for testing the submissions
Custom enterprise metadata repository for customized reporting
- A custom enterprise metadata repository to persists metadata, including its change history, from the XMETA repository of the IBM Infosphere Information Server ver 8.7. This enables customized metadata reports for data governance such as Data Lineage reports, tracking changes to the Glossary(using the metadata history capture feature), Data Quality metric reports etc, which are all not supported out-of-the-box by IBM Infosphere Information Server.